Followers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Winter Reads

Today was the first day to sign up for the Winter Reading Program at my local library.   I thought it was the 13th but that was the day the Smyrna branch had a special event for the program.  Ah well.
I have this book sitting on my kitchen counter all ready renewed once so I'll have to stop stitching and start reading.  I love this author but this is no lazy read.  You need to concentrate.  Last year I read Kraken and though my head had gotten scrambled up like eggs but it was really enjoyable.  I can't describe how much I loved reading the book and enjoyed being challenged in my imaginations. (When I read I play a movie in my head so somethings are reread to understand what I'm seeing.)
 Embassy Town by China Mieville
while I was at the library on Friday returning hubs book, and I thought I was going to sign us up, I looked for a book that had been mentioned over at the Zachary Quinto Community.  An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
I did buy a book at the dollar store on Friday.  I don't know if that will be my 3rd book or not.  It's about parents who commission a writer to write a book for their daughter that she will love and make her a reader.
I need to read 6 books for my Winter Reading Program.  Any other suggestions?

4 comments:

Mouse said...

mmm it depends what you like to read to be honest ... I'm reading the final book of eragon at the mo ... so if you give a few pointers may be able to suggest :) love mouse xxxx

J J said...

I'm doing a lot more reading this winter too. I got a Kindle Fire for my birthday and have been getting a combination of free books and buying a few. Right now I am reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. It is an amazing book that I highly recommend.

Ziggyeor said...

I started reading Henrietta and I didn't have enough time. I think I had it the 2 weeks and couldn't renew because it was on hold. Steve's got a tablet with nook app so I'll have to see about him getting it for me.

Mouse - I read Eragon and I think the 2nd book, I'd have to reread the series before I read the other book.

Blogger said...

Hello Everybody,

Below are the most recommended Bitcoin exchanges (BUY/SELL):
Coinbase: $1 min. trade
CoinMama

Get free Bitcoins with the best Bitcoin faucet rotator:
BTC Faucet Rotator