Followers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Catch Up

On Friday we got rid of my computer tower and then got me a portable.  So changing everything around I didn't get the old hard drive loaded with my old pictures.  But it is nice to be able to take the computer out into the living room and be with my friend to look up quilling techniques.  I think we made more mess than anything and nothing was finished.  She took her pieces home to finish later and I was still playing around making spirals :p 
 Friday was a two skirt day.  I had originally worn my long denim skirt but selling my computer meant going up to Nashville so we went out to eat at Maggiano's.
 Then Saturday was the day I had my friend come over and we went and hit the craft stores and then came home to quill.  Or at least try to!  I was determined to learn to do a decent spiral and now I have to figure out what to do with all of them.  I also used my quilling comb to make an angel.  My friend laughed because I spent 5 bux and she said she could have given me her onion holder.  I told her I had looked for one of those but could never find one.  There were a few places that had it cheaper but whatever.  
This is also the last time I will wear these hose :(  I loved this pattern so much I kept it with holes but it go to the point where I was trying to pull them up every five seconds. 
 Today is Sunday so I can wear my other denim skirt as business casual is only Mon - Friday.  I'm taking my stitching to work because my coworkers say that last year on Super Bowl Sunday it was dead.  I'm bringing a little kit with me to reteach a friend.  She used to do it but she got frustrated when she would make mistakes and gave up.
Speaking of mistakes I'm about to hate my LOVE square!  Geometric pattern was kicking my butt I had started on the dark yellow color and kept going with it and trying to fix it and counting and recounting.  Finally figured out I had messed up where I started so the bottom parts of the rows had to go.  :p  So once I got the first row of diamond pattern figured out I switched to a different color and stitched in the light background and then the purple t pattern in the heart.  So hopefully now I have where everything goes!  I need to look through my bag and find another pair of scissors for my friend to use.  I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

1 comment:

Faith... said...

We have Maggiano's here in Chicago too...Love them!